Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Unlock Code

Virgin Mobile has me in tears. I have called three times in the last 24 hours. I was meant to be enjoying a whole new mobile experience with a SIM only contract. Instead the SIM they have sent won't work. I just keep getting the message "SIM Network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM Network PUK." 

Twice I have been told this is Vodafone's code. Twice Vodafone have told me it is Virgin that need to give me the code. 

My phone is now a useless ornament and I can get absolutely no help. This is really exacerbated my anxiety disorder and I am left crying at the thought that I will never be able to use my phone again.

I really need someone's help but cannot seem to get it - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Unlock Code

Hello

Where was the phone purchased from, as the message you getting is telling you that the phone is locked to a network ? If the phone was purchased from Vodaphone then Vodaphone need to give you the network unlock code, there is nothing I am afraid that VM can do, as they didn't supply the handset.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, Thank you for responding. I have an unlock code from Vodaphone. 

Their instructions for using it are:

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Insert a non-Vodafone SIM
  3. Turn on the phone. Enter NCK will be displayed
  4. Enter your NUC
  5. Press Validate or OK

'Enter NCK' does not come up, just the message shown above. I called them they said it isn't the NUC I need but a code to unlock the SIM. But the one that came with the sim does not work either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Some phones will not say Enter NCK but will actually say "Enter SIM Network PUK" it is actually the same message just worded different.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What phone have you got as the way to enter the code varies

Vodafone put out a guide

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/

There is a possibility that in entering codes you have locked the SIM unintentionally but that is unlikely. If that happens the the SIM usually request you to enter a PUK code which came with the SIM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

Its a Galaxy S8.

I think you may be right about entering it too many times and locking the SIM.

The situation isn't helped by the Vodafone network now being defunct on the phone but the Virgin one not being live so I cannot text for help.

As it is the Virgin SIM which appears to be locked now because of entering the code too often, is it Virgin that need to give me a Personal Unblocking Code?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Usually the codes come with the SIM or can be obtained via your online account if you have opened one.

If possible it would be good to isolate the phone and SIM, for example trying the SIM in another known unlocked phone or by using another SIM in the S8 and seeing what it says

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi MagVirg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that you've been left unhappy due to an issue with unlocking the phone. 

Have you been able to try the suggestions after you last replied yesterday?

Please let us know where you're up to with this and we'll help from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos