Menu
vishal1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Worst customer service experience and the worst network ever.

I just want to say, I came across the rudest customer service ever in my life. Because I have signed a contract I have to accept a faulty mobile service. I have bought virgin mobile service and the mobile data does not work while I'm on voice call and I cant even do the conference. I called them 3 times, 1st time they sent me a config messages and sorted out the fault temporarily for 2 days. 2nd time the guy kept looking for the solution but never found one and tired of waiting I asked him to call me back when he has a solution. He never call me back. This time when I call they were very rude to me they were not interested in retaining me as a customer. The first person kept saying that they need to send me some setting which will resolve the issue and his manager said that this will always be an issue with Virgin Mobile. This is the most ridiculous service I've ever received in my life. Unfortunately, because I have signed a contract with you and stuck with you for a year but I'm not signing any contract with you in future and I will spread the word across the globe

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst customer service experience and the worst network ever.

Hi vishal1984,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry that you've had this experience when speaking with our team, it's not the customer service that we'd like to provide. I can appreciate you're keen to understand what is happening with this.

Does the phone drop to 2G/3G when making a call? 

When you make a call, what symbols change at the top of the screen? 

Have you been able to test this in different areas?

Let us know and we can help further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
vishal1984
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Does the phone drop to 2G/3G when making a call?

I am not sure. 

When you make a call, what symbols change at the top of the screen?

I usually have only 1 or 2 bars for network any where I go. No 2g, 3g or 4g... However, I have seen 3g and 4g sometimes, but I wasn't on call at that time. I often struggle to use Internet at work or home.. It only works normal when I'm on the road or driving. 

Have you been able to test this in different areas?

It is irrespective of area I am in. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can you please have a look when you next make a call and let me know whether its dropping to 2G/3G?

In regards to your data, can you please have a look here and let me know if there are any coverage issues at your home address/work address that could be causing your lack of connection?

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
vishal1984
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I will check about the signal during calls tomorrow. The psotcode search shows excellent signal at both my home and work...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information, could you please let us know how your signal goes during calls so we can investigate further?

Could we also please confirm which provider you were with before moving over to us? 

Also, did you take out a handset with us as well as the SIM or is this a SIM only account?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
vishal1984
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was with 3 before and it worked perfectly fine. The handset i have is Samsung note 9 and I have bought it outright unlocked online. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information.

I'd like to send you out a replacement SIM card to try to rectify this for you now that we've gone through the above questions, to do so I'll send you over a private message with some security questions, if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
vishal1984
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have replied to your questions. Also, I have been using your faulty line so far. Obviously, i did not notice until now. I need some part of my money back or at least 2 months for free. I am certainly unhappy with your Chinese colleagues, the way they treated me was disgusting. Depending on the compensation, I will decide about staying with you and spreading word about it. But for now i am utterly upset with your customer service. IT'S THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THIS PLANET AND YOU HAVE THE RUDEST PEOPLE DEALING WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

A Samsung Galaxy 9 Note running on Three would most likely be making calls over 4G (Called Voice over LTE) That said there would be no interruption in your data, also running on 4G

With Virgin and many other networks that does not happen, the phone has to drop back to either 3G or 2G to make the call.

Technically, if it drops to 3G it should maintain data, but this is not always the case depending on a number of circumstances. (I've checked this with more than one network). If, because of signal, the phone falls back to 2G then you will definitely lose your data connection.  This is why they were asking what happens at the top of the screen.

Three is a full blown network, Virgin isn't and they rely on EE, who sadly only make Voice over LTE available to their contract customers.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos