Menu
Luke198824
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Won't to find out something.

Hi does anyone know why Virgin Media has stopped there pay as you go service as I have been into the Virgin Media store in Bournemouth to top up my phone and found out that pay as you go phones being sold anymore and found that they don't do top ups anymore and there is no info on the pay as you price plans in the Virgin Media store any more and it's the same in the Virgin Media store in Southampton as well? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Won't to find out something.

No new PAYG. The old ones are still continuing for now but most have been moved to a new daily plan which is horrendously expensive. It's £2 a day for calls. So make one call and you are £2 down. Same for text and data. Use all 3 and that is £6 gone. You can buy Jam Packs which contain certain amounts of calls, text and data depending on what you pay.

Traditional PAYG has now disappeared from O2 and recently 3. Seems it is on the way out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-top-up

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Luke198824
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah OK if your virgin mobile pay as you go phone stops working you won't be able to get a new one because the Virgin Media store don't sell any pay as you go phones any more. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep. Very few PAYG phones on any network.

0 Kudos
Luke198824
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh OK. I was speaking to someone at custmer service over text last month and I got told that the stores when they where around did sim free phones that my pay and go sim card wond work in it. 

0 Kudos