cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wolverhampton 5G internet once again!!!

HazzaTL
Tuning in

OK, I am sick of this! when I go to the bus station or by the theater or the art gallery, the 5g is none existent! this was fixed before, now for the last couple of weeks its been down again...

Last night while watching the England game in the Billy Wright pub (WV1 1HWI couldn't get a internet signal at all! and before the game in teh George Wallis (WV1 3NP) the signal was barely a 3g. luckily both pubs had a decent WiFi I could connect to. 

This morning, at 8:20 while travelling to work, I had to send a whatsapp message to let an colleague know I would be in the office by 8:35 so they come pick up something from the office (as I open up). and while traveling up the Wolverhampton Road East from before the Beacon center for the blind (on the A459and up to the traffic lights by the Aldi  (near WV2 3JU). I had no internet at all. I even downgraded all the way to 2g.!

This mobile internet in Wolverhampton and now seems to be on the way to Sedgley too needs to be fixed, else come March 2023 once my contact is up I'm leaving Virgin Media mobile and going elsewhere.. I have friends saying that there are decent deals for £10 a months with other providers. 

9 REPLIES 9

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey HazzaTL, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been facing with your data services. 

Has this problem only recently started? Also, can you please confirm which handset you are using and if you have recently received a new SIM from us?

Thanks, 

Nat

Why does handset make a difference? And same SIM as i received in march 2020.

Handset is Samsung a42 5g.

The 5g works in other places, and also in other parts of Wolverhampton.  It's the masts. I this is an issue that's been occurring on and off for over 12 months.

Last time was a configuration with the mast you rent use of from another company. Believe their engineer did. Some work, and it affected the 5g  for vm customers.

Please don't fob me off, l

Thank you for that information. From what you have described, it does sound as though it could be a mast issue. 

Have you been able to check the coverage in those area's: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/network-support

^Martin

Can't as their map doesn't work.type on a postcode or area name says API.. 

Mening an issue with the map api key with Google..

Have you been able to try the page via a different web browser? Or a different device? 

^Martin

You mean my mobile whe on a bus. I got the work WiFi now.

Wilhen I type in the pub post code I get this...

"Our Network can get busy in this area.

This means your data could be slower than normal. We’re sorry about that. Our team is aware and working to make it better..."

When I type in my work postcode (wv2 4ag) literally 5-10 mins walk from that pub btw. I get this

"Our network is currently working fine. If you’re experiencing a problem with service, try switching off your device and then switching it back on again."

And yes, I have decent 5g here at work.

Right I see. So from the first post code you put in, it does sound as though the team are working to improve that. This can take time and so we would recommend waiting for that.

^Martin

For how long? Been on and off in that area for a year or more! Sometimes I'll go and it's all fine.. others I'll go and nothing.

My mate is on a lesser network (I think it's Tesco mobile) has no issues anywhere in Wolverhampton..

So why would O2 and vm have them? Does Tesco have access to better masta?

I'm sure they will be doing everything they can to improve the mast. Tesco Mobile also use the O2 masts like we do and so the connection would be the same. 

This would indicate that is could be something other then the masts. Do you have another handset you can try your SIM card in?

^Martin