Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Woke up to a £96.50 bill on a £9.50 per month contract...

A little while back virgin media decided it would change a lot of peoples contract with little warning and no consent which upset a lot of people including me. In the end, after searching for other providers I decided to go with a cheaper contract as I was not using anywhere near my allowance which was 10 GB per month + triple lifetime data. The new contract was 6 GB per month and at the time I was talking with online support to confirm that I would keep the lifetime data addon. Months later I wake up to a text saying I am reaching my credit limit at maybe 6 AM. I decide to log in to my account to find out why virgin thinks I owe anything other than £9.50 and find a bill for £96.50 saying I have gone over my 6 GB limit...

I am hoping this is a bug, the bill will be cancelled and my triple lifetime data addon will be restored ASAP. Not sure what to do other than continue to wait for someone to show up on the online support chat which I have been doing now for a little under an hour. My first attempt was at 6:22 AM but I got a message saying I attempted to get support out of hours and then got a reply when I was at work at 11:08 AM

If they don't fix this I don't see how I could ever touch anything related to virgin media again, to be honest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woke up to a £96.50 bill on a £9.50 per month contract...

Lifetime Data is for the lifetime of the contract. Change the contract and you lose it.

Always been that way so 789 should have known

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply. If I knew that when I was looking at other providers I would have definitely switched... I honestly hate what mobile companies get away with....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So I have been waiting for them to reply to me in the web chat thing for 2 hours now. What happens if I wait so long it goes out of hours again (not sure when that is). I would like to get this sorted asap and refuse to use mobile data until this is fixed because I don't feel I should have to pay £96.50 for a missold contract. Part of these costs are things like £3 for 57kb.
0 Kudos