Menu
LazySuzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Will new purple SIM work in cheap basic phone

Does anyone know if the new purple SIM that Virgin made me have, will work in an extremely cheap unlocked new basic / dumb phone such as an Alba or Alcatel from Argos?

I was told I had to have this new SIM or else cut off, it worked okay in the smartphone I had except for the data/internet which I gave up complaining about and just stopped using. Now my smartphone has broken and cant afford new one at present, tried the SIM in an old handset I had that worked with previous SIM but now doesnt work, as says network locked.

Urgently have to make some important phonecalls but can only afford the most basic phone to tide me over - but dont want to get if these new SIMS will not work. I would be better off just changing number and getting a new SIM on different network if that is the case. Could anyone confirm whether this purple SIM will work in these basic dumb phones, if bought unlocked - or do I have to buy a handset from Virgin??? 

Many thanks!

Suzy

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will new purple SIM work in cheap basic phone

Yes. Provided that they are SIM free and Unlocked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LazySuzy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will new purple SIM work in cheap basic phone

Okay thanks very much! 

0 Kudos