Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Will I lose my number

Hi.

I'm a long term Virgin Media customer and very low mobile user (hence the choice of Virgin Mobile PAYG). I was sadly switched to the terrible flat rate '£2 per day' tariff a few months ago and recently enquired about alternative tariffs via 789 but found nothing suitable for me is available apparently. When I asked if I will lose my number if I don't use my phone to make a chargeable call/text every few months, the lady on the phone wasn't sure if it might be disconnected after 6 months. After pressing her, she went away for a couple of minutes to speak to a supervisor, then returned telling me that as long as my number is active and receiving calls it will not be disconnected even if I am not spending anything on that account. Is this true?  If not, what do I have to do to keep it active?

I still can't believe there's no suitable PAYG alternative for loyal customers like me although I did read somewhere that Virgin Media customers can switch their mobiles to the old Simply 8 tariif which I would be more than happy to do. Can I do this?  If so how?  

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will I lose my number

It used to be 180 days. Was brought down to 90 days a while back. You have to make a chargeable call or send a text in that time.

It looks like PAYG is being slowly phased out across the networks. Now no traditional PAYG on O2, Three and EE. They are all doing monthly packs or bundles as some call them. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will I lose my number

Hi, thanks.  Yes it was my impression that there's a time limit but it's been more than 90 days since I made a chargeable call and the number is still active. Surely it's not asking VM too much just to get a clear answer from VM staff to what is a fairly simple question. The operator I spoke was polite but didn't fill me with confidence.

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos