Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Wifi calling

Hi, this morning i got a text message from virgin saying my wifi calling was setup, im confused as not only have i not asked for it but i was under the impression virgin didnt support it.

So is this a sign that wifi/volte is on the way or have they done a samsung and pushed the wrong button to send messages they weren't suppost to?

------------------------------------------
When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

The Puppet Master .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi calling

What mobile device do you have?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Samsung s9 on android 10.

Have looked thro the settings where the wifi calling and volte settings are suppost to be but theres nothing there.

Have also rebooted phone in case that was needed.

When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

The Puppet Master .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Do you have the latest firmware and where did you get the phone from originally?

Just trying to understand why you've got the message.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Phone was purchased new and sim free in Ireland and the firmware updated on friday to version g960fxxu7dta3 patch level 2 febuary 2020.

My missus got her s9 from virgin directly and she got a text as well. Her phone is also running the latest updates (auto installed 1 day after mine)

The Puppet Master .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Both me and my hubby on virgin he got the text this morning at it's working on his s9+ yet no settings to be able to set up on my s10+. Both phones from virgin although hubby just put his sim in the phone a week ago. Mine I've ported from ee but the sim is a virgin and phone got from virgin. 

So confused ! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 123
Flag for a moderator

For whatever reason my phone auto rebooted and now wifi calling is working. The settings for it are now visable in the phone app, settings.

The Puppet Master .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 8 of 123
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi All,

The text messages you have received are genuine. 🙂

You've received these as the feature has been auto-activated during a recent software update on your handset. At the moment this feature will only be available to customers with a Samsung S9 or S9+, however more devices will be added soon.

All you need to do is make sure this is activated in the settings. Just bob into the settings and go to Phone > Settings > Wi-Fi Calling (the toggle should be set to on). You should then have the Wifi calling icon on your handset in the top right hand corner.

Just to let you know the setting steps above may differ on handsets not purchased directly from Virgin Media. 🙂

Hope this helps.
Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Just out of interest, is that only android 10/Q.

I have an s9+ on android 9/P and no sign of it.

I can upgrade to Q and try it sometime if it's not gonna work on P.

G965FXXS7CTA2

Update: I just deleted the data for WiFi calling, and something changed. The WiFi calling icon in the top pull down menu is now solid blue (previously a dull blue colour). No change in the top line though, so I'll reboot.

Update 2: no dice, dull blue returned, so deleted data again. Back to plan A, android Q upgrade

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Interesting. Not with Virgin but dual SIM on Voxi and 3. If I run on the Voxi SIM there is no menu for Wifi calling. If I change to 3 it appears.

Seems it is in the firmware but activated by the SIM

S9 with Android 10. Pity I haven't got a Virgin SIM to hand to try.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos