cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling problems (Refreshing Sim Data message)

sidders55
Tuning in

Since joining Virginmobile last week and calling to activate wifi calling, I have been having continual issues with it. Even with good wifi signal I get the 'Refreshing Sim Data' message a number of times a day and this loses wifi-calling and also my data connection. After a while it does it again and the connections return. It makes it unusable as I can't make or receive reliable calls. Plus I am missing calls & texts.

Reading up on the issues other customers have, there seems to be an issue with Virgin Sims in Samsung mobiles. What I can't work out is whether that will still be a problem with the move over to O2?

It seems that nobody else has had their issue resolved, and many have left due to it. I have tried the many ideas offered in the other posts on here and none of these have worked either. Also the sim has the same error in another phone (Samsung A41), this phone works on BT mobile and Utility Warehouse wifi calling. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S10) has worked very well on BT mobile wifi calling for the last couple of years and I have also tested with Lebara wifi calling, which worked well.

Can anyone let me know if we will be moved to O2 soon to try and fix this, or do I need to move away from Virgin Mobile to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sidders55 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the WiFi calling issue.

Have you had this in every location or just one?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS,

It happens in multiple places, so at home when on wifi calling and also when out on 4G calling.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply sidders55.

I would like to take a look at the settings on your account so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

sidders55
Tuning in

Just to follow up after the private messages above - for anyone with similar issues in the future.

VM have been very helpful trying to fix the issue, but unfortunately haven't been able to do so in this case. So sadly my only option is moving from VM to another provider.

Thanks for the update @sidders55, and I'm sorry to hear that a fix for this issue was not possibly on this occasion.

Do please continue to liaise with my colleague if anything further is required to assist you with the cancellation and potential porting of your phone number to a new provider.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn