cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling option comes and goes.

WilliHersch
Joining in

The phone is a Galaxy A13 with a Virgin sim card and Virgin broadband.

I have four wireless access points in the house which connect strongly to the phone depending on my location. They are all connected to the same Virgin broadband router. Sometimes the wifi calling option is shown on the phone menu - sometimes it is not. One day it will be there, and another day it’s disappeared. Sometimes there is a message to the effect ‘ the sim card data is being refreshed’. This is always bad news. After this message they either don’t work at all or some do. There is no predictable pattern.

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi WilliHersch,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for your post, it does sound like it may be more of a Phone issue as it does work on and off, as you have advised the connection is good Via WiFi, have you tried your Sim in a different Phone to see if the same occurs?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks. It’s the only phone I’ve got with wifi calling. Trawling through the forums it looks like this is not a new issue. Some have spent weeks chasing the problem with no resolution.

Thanks for reaching back out, most WiFi calling issues are where is isn't working, as you have advise it does on and off it does point to a connection to the phone or the phone itself.

Regards

Paul.