Menu
Pworeilly
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wifi calling - Ported numbers

I received 3 new VM mobile sims last week and ported numbers over to each which appeared successful. However, when on WiFi calling, which is essential at home, neither sim can call the other. For example,  if I am at work (no wifi) and my wife tries to call me from home (wifi call) she is given a message saying she has dialled an incorrect number. If she turns wifi calling off it works but because the signal is poor where we live this is not ideal. This is the same with all 3 sims when trying to call each other. 

This is really frustrating as we rely on the wifi calling at home. It worked fine with the previous 2 networks. 

I have read that there is an issue with virgin wifi calls and ported numbers. Can anyone elaborate on this? Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
mdcastle
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi calling - Ported numbers

Having exactly the same problem. Spoke to customer services today who managed to resolve my phone temporarily but no luck with my wife’s. Told me to ring back after 24 hours  🙄

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here.  My father-in-law recently ported his EE number to VM and we now get "You have dialled an incorrect number...." unless wifi caling is turned off. Also works fine from landlines and other mobile operators.

Is this a recent issue as all the previous ported numbers we have (all from EE) work fine - it's just the one that moved over this week that isn't working?

Hopefully it's just a timing issue and it'll all sort itself out!

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Pworeilly 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we've been very busy and catching up now to each post. 

I'm sorry to hear about these WiFi calling issues, I understand that would be frustrating when it's not working and you're trying to use it. 

Are you able to call out on it to any other number, or is it just the VM ones? Have you tried rebooting the phone, switching WiFi calling off and back on again? There is also more information on the service here

Let me know and I'll do my best to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mdcastle 

Sorry to hear that you've been having similar issues with your WiFi Calling feature and that the team weren't able to fix this completely. 

Have you since spoken to the tech team again to get this resolved? Does this happen when you try to call any other WiFi Call handset on a different network? 

Let me know and I'll do my best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mdcastle
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It was resolved the day after. Just needed a bit of patience. 

0 Kudos
Pworeilly
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie, thanks for the reply,  I thought this thread had been forgotten about. 

We can make calls as normal using WiFi calls but not to each other. It seems nobody can call us when WiFi calling is turned on so we have to have it turned off. The signal is weak at home and we are  missing calls because of that too. I turn WiFi calling on to dial out and turn it off again at the end of the call. 

Our 3 VM sims each report dialling an incorrect number when we try to call each other using WiFi calling. Other people calling just say it won't connect when they try to call and we have WiFi calling on. 

We have done all the resetting, software checking etc. 

When I put a non VM sim in WiFi calling works fine. So it is not an issue with the phones. I have been using WiFi calls for years with other networks it only stopped working when our numbers were ported from Three. 

0 Kudos
mdcastle
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The solution for us was to get VM to reset wifi calling at their end. Mine was sorted within an hour but my other SIM took about 24 hours. 

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mdcastle 

So glad to hear we were able to get this resolved for you. Apologies for the issues you had, please pop back and let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Pworeilly 

Thanks for your reply. Really sorry to hear that it's still not working, thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue. 

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and look in to this for you. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos