Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Calling

Hi.  Samsung S9.  It now seems I have Wifi calling.  It just appeared, I did not switch it on.  For me it is a real pain because there is something I think wrong with our broadband connection so when anyone calls I cannot hear them.  I have to phone them back.  It is OK if I have wifi switched off and force it to go through the mobile network - but obviously I don't want to keep wifi switched off.  I follow the instructions ie "update software" then "settings", "connections" and "wifi calling" - but there is no "wifi calling" in my connections settings - so help - how to I switch this off please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi Calling

Hello

Open your phone app, and click on the three dots n the right near the top, then Settings and under there is wifi calling allowing you to switch on or off.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, if you pull down the drop down menu from the top you should see the wifi calling icon there. Just tap it to disable. You might need to swipe to the right to find it.

If this was helpful, please give it a thumbs up below🙂

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

You need to select the phone Icon, then select the 3 dots, top right, then settings, then you will see the wifi calling option.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys all helpful and sorted - When someone tells you you wonder why you could't find it yourself. Anyway thanks a lot.