Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Calling issue

Hello,

Im having issues with wifi calling, if a number tries to call my mobile it shows 5-6 missed calls and cuts the number off, I have dialed my own number and see the number flash up on my device but does not connect or even go to my voicemail, if I switch wifi calling off everything works, I have tried my sim in a different phone and still the same issue.

Anyone else having problems?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Calling issue

Yes I have exactly this same issue since a week or two ago. Only just tracked it down to WiFi calling which up until then has been working perfectly well 

Sounds like another VM fault to fix so based on the thread about OTP texts not arriving I shan't good my breath lol. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Diggins and Stuartp22, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that you're having some issues since using Wi-Fi calling, this is odd. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Are you still having this issue at the moment? 

Can you advise what handset you're using? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, same for me. I had 5 missed calls this morning. The person trying to contact me said they heard three beeps and the call disconnected. No diversion to voicemail. I’m on WiFi calling, using on iPhone Xs. I switched off WiFi, then reconnected and all was fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

If you’re having problems with dropped calls, calling not coming through or poor call quality when using WiFi Calling, it might be because you’re moving in and out of WiFi networks or there are a lot of devices trying to use the same WiFi connection.

In some places it might be that the signal is better than the Wi-Fi connection so will work once the Wi-Fi calling is switched off. 

If you don’t see WiFi Call displayed on your device when you’re connected to WiFi, check that your device has WiFi and WiFi Calling switched on. If you can see WiFi Call displayed on your device, there might be a problem with the WiFi connection that your device is using.

If you’re using WiFi at home, make sure your device is in range of the WiFi hub, check your broadband connection and contact your broadband provider if you still have a problem.

If you’re not using your home WiFi, moving away from the hotspot your device is connected to will mean your connection will drop out. If there’s poor WiFi coverage where you are, switch off WiFi Calling until you’re in an area where the WiFi connection is stronger. 

For further assistance please see here

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Yes still have the issue, I am using an iphone XS, when I see a call come in it shows as missed call sometimes a single call will show as missed call upto 6 if not more. sometimes the call does get through, but when it drops the call it just disconnects the user trying to call it acts like I hung-up he call, if I turn wifi calling off the problem goes, however the VirginMobile signal where I live is awful so I really need wifi calling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

So is this when you're at home it's doing this or everywhere, as you would need a constant Wi-Fi connection for it to work. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Sorry but I have a Unfi wireless network in my house and the Wifi signal is not an issue, my phone is right near an Access point and I still get this issue, this problem is not down to local customer equipment its on the virgin network side, it started happening for me when my virgin hub got a new public IP address having had the same one for almost  year, my Son is on 3 and wifi calling works fine, why I appreciate you trying to help please dont always jump to it must be the customer wifi that is the issue this need a deeper technical investigation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

One big problem Virgin face with WiFi Calling is the inability to drop back to 4G if needed. Most other networks have voice over 4G. My Vodafone SIM will switch between the two seamlessly, as did one on 3

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks