Menu
Lazydog11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Calling Acting Weird

Hi.

I live in a tiny cottage in the middle of nowhere and consequently have almost no mobile signal at home. Fortunately I've been using Virgin Mobile WiFi calling for just under a year and that's been working well, until recently.

For the last month, the wifi calling logo often vanishes from my phone's display and I can't use it. I go to the settings menu and the option for WiFi calling has also disappeared. Then a few days later I'll randomly check the settings again and it has reappeared, but is switched off. I switch it back on and it works fine for about a day and then it goes again.

I'm using a Galaxy S20, my home WiFi signal is good, I only have a TV and an Xbox hooked up to the Internet and they're really using any bandwidth most of the time.

Would appreciate any advice as it's OK using WhatsApp or FB Messenger to call my family, but anybody that isn't connected with me on social media can't contact me at all.

Thanks in advance!

T

0 Kudos
Lazydog11
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Calling Acting Weird

Bumping. Can anyone please advise on this?

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's dropped a few times for me over the past few weeks, however comes back eventually.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey and welcome to the community @Lazydog11

Sorry to hear of the problems that you've been having with your WiFi calling feature on your phone.

Does the WiFi calling icon, completely disappear from your onscreen menus and stopping you from re-adding it or turning it back on?

Please could you try to restart your handset and see if this stops this happening.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos