Menu
EG1
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi calling on iPhone XR

Hi, I have an iPhone XR from Virgin mobile and Virgin broadband. My phone shows that WiFi calling is turned on in phone settings. 

When the signal on my phone dive bombed to zero and was non existent the other day there was no sign of being able to use WiFi calling on it. No icon, no ability to call anyone. 

There was no help available other than a couple of web pages promoting how great wifi calling is. There was nothing available anywhere re why the signal had dropped totally either. There was no real help anywhere.

I’d like to get wifi calling working for the next time I’m left adrift with no phone signal or help.  The iPhone XR looks to be compatible, I’ve toggled the setting off and back on. It’s a pay monthly contract. What do I need to try or check next?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi calling on iPhone XR

• There have been a number of threads on this. The upshot is that some people need to get Virgin to turn it on their end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EG1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If that’s the case you’d think they’d mention it on their web pages or provide a route where you could get that done. Instead they seem to hide behind a series of links to web pies that give basic info only.

Thanks though, I’d seen some mentions of that, it it looked like this was as good a route as any to hope someone from virgin notices and can follow that up.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi EG1, 

Sorry you're having some issues with Wi-Fi calling and for the delay in getting back in touch. 

Wi-Fi calling should be working for you automatically, but as this isn't the case I'm keen to have a closer look at your account. 

I'll pop you a personal message now and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me help with this @EG1

Fingers crossed that is it all sorted, please keep me posted 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team