Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi calling not working iPhone 11

Hi
I see a similar post out there but I cannot get WiFi calling to work on my iPhone 11.  I have tried toggling on/off, turning phone on/off, software is up to date and I see no prompts to update carrier settings anywhere else.  
I have no reception at my home so I cannot call customer services to have them manually turn it on like the other post has suggested.  
can anyone please help???  Switched from Vodafone where I had coverage before so have never needed to use WiFi calling before, had I known my coverage would be so terrible on Virgin I wouldn’t have switched!  
thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi calling not working iPhone 11

You need to call and get it activated according to this post

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/WiFi-Calling-not-working-on-iPhone-X-A1902/m-p/42...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried but my reception is so bad my call keeps cutting out.  I’ve tried texting but even then I haven’t had a response and not sure if that is because I have no reception.  And I can’t really go anywhere at the moment to try and get better reception ....so if anyone from Virgin is reading please help! Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here.  Brand new iPhone 11 bought from Virgin on a Pay Monthly contract but the WiFi Calling feature simply doesn't work.   

This is a bit of a problem because I bought the new phone mainly for this feature as we live in the countryside and getting to a place with a 2G / 3G mobile signal means going to the bottom of the garden.  

I've combed through this forum but there is no answer for this problem.  I've tried toggling the phone on and off, and toggling Wifi Calling on and off.  We have other iPhones on other networks in the house and they use WiFi Calling every day.  

The iPhone 11 is definitely on the list of phones that Virgin say are supported with this feature.  And we bought it from Virgin so you would expect it to work immediately and it cannot be a problem with incompatible firmware.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When you say you have tried “toggling the Wifi Calling on and off”, do you mean that you have done so yourself in the settings - or that you had someone at tech support do that for you?

If you haven’t done so already, I would suggest trying this: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/WiFi-Calling-not-working-on-iPhone-X-A1902/m-p/42...

0 Kudos