cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not getting incoming calls

Tenspeed
Tuning in

I've noticed recently that many people calling me on my Samsung S10 don't even get a ringing tone or get through to voicemail, it just hangs up immediately. It happens about 3 times out of 4 incoming calls.  It only happens when I have WiFi Calling turned on and WiFi connected.  It doesn't seem as bad if the incoming call is from another Virgin mobile. I've spent 6 hours communicating with Virgin tech help and even tried changing the sim but still as bad as ever.  I have caring responsibility and need reliable incoming calls. HELP! 

65 REPLIES 65

Hi Tenspeed,

My apologies if I have made you feel this way - I will also pop you over a PM so I can gather some more information so this issue can get looked into further.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Hi,

Can I ask why you need further information when we've been told engineers are already looking at the issue? Is that not the case?

Top end Samsung phones are having major issues with reciving calls over WiFi calling.

Callers either don't hear the phone is ringing but the recipient does, however on answering the call the caller can't hear us talking.

Or the call doesn't connect at all.

We are missing countless calls because of this and its been going on for weeks.

The issue is not consistent- sometimes it does work, but rarely.

What is the latest engineer update please?

Thanks

Thanks Beth!

So, we had a flurry of posts on this thread back in March, with Virgin personnel saying that it would be taken seriously and apologising for being so poor in responding to the issue for several months before that. and we were promised that the engineers were now on the case to solve this problem.

And now nothing again -- no solution (AFAIK) and no information at all as to whether any progress has been made.  Nothing for 2 months. 

Hi @Tenspeed

Has the issue been ongoing since last raised in April or was this fixed for a period and the issue has returned?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis,

This issue was first raised about 6 months ago, then there was a flurry of posts including promises from Virgin personnel to make this bug-fix a priority for the engineers, and then all has gone quiet.  If there has been a fix it certainly hasn't been communicated.  

Please could you find out what, if anything, has been done, or even if there is a better understanding of the cause of the problem?

I've given up using wifi calls so would not notice if it had been fixed.  Others might have noticed a change?

Best,

Brendan.

Hello Tenspeed

We've chased this up with the team and it is currently still being looked into. We appreciate this is taking longer than we'd like but it is being worked on, as soon as we have an update on this we will provide it here.

We aren't able to provide an update on how far down the line this is at the moment I'm afraid.

Rob

Good morning folks, 

And I thought that it was just me - my word, how many of us are there with Virgin Mobile contracts, who live in areas with negligible Virgin mobile signal and so who rely on WIFI calling to live and work? 

My WIFI calling (a misnomer, it should be called Virgin Mobile WIFI Failing) misses calls and drops out constantly. 

It was terrible when I first used it shortly after signing up and even needed a second SIM card to work at all. Having been less bad (not good by any means)  for a period earlier this year in the last few weeks it has returned to being truly awful with my voice calls failing daily and missed calls a regular occurrence. I would add to this that I rarely receive texts at home over WIFI calling. Instead when I go away from home I will see a stream of old texts appear once I have a decent mobile signal, usually well away from home as the Virgin Mobile signal here in Sussex (Sussex - not the Outer Hebrides!) is diabolical. 

Please Virgin, show us some evidence that you are doing something to resolve this widespread, long running WIFI calling problem of yours - this frustrated customer with 4 household mobiles _ 2 with Virgin _ will be leaving at the first opportunity!!

Good morning all

Fully agreed after the last flurry of posts all has gone quiet. I indeed was asked for some further information which I provided.

The wifi calling at this moment in time is non-existent. I am on my third SIM card hence that is not the issue. In the house I also have a Sky Mobile connection which works perfectly. It is abundantly clear there is an issue going by the number of posts here.

Virgin, can you answer whether or not this problem will ever be resolved? If yes we all need a timescale. If not, then thank you very much and I will have no choice but to move all my services to another provider.

Thank you.

Hey @Bains4343,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about this problem, we would need to get this looked into further with our IT support team to get to the bottom of this issue and hopefully resolve it.

Please could you send the below information to me on a private message and we can get this raised with the support team

Location/ Area:
Calling party number:
Called party number:

Calling party provider:
Called party provider:

First occurred on:

Did "calling Wifi" appear:

Does the issue happen all the time or is it intermittent:

Handset make:  
Handset model:

Regards,

Steven_L