WiFi calling issues on ported numbers

I’ve ported 3 numbers to VM and have issues calling each other

I ported mine from EE to VM

My wife’s from Vodafone to VM

My son’s from GiffGaff to VM

I can’t phone my wife or son on WifiCalling

My son can phone me but not my wife

My wife can phone me but not our son.

I’ve turned all off and on. Check the number under my number is correct. Rubbed the gold contacts (no genie appeared to fix this) and gone through multiple settings with roaming, WiFi on other devices etc. So far nothing fixed it and Virgin don’t appear to know what the issue is. Is anyone else finding this after porting.  

0 Kudos
Pworeilly
Tuning in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi calling issues on ported numbers

I have this exact problem. Ported 3 numbers over last week and each cannot call the other when WiFi calling is on. This appears to be a common issue with virgin mobile. 

We rely on WiFi calling at home as the signal is weak so this is not a good start. Calls to any other numbers work fine using WiFi. Even when I was at work and not using WiFi my wife could not call me from home whilst WiFi calling was on. It kept giving an incorrect number message. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jlwarlow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

All the steps that the chat and mobile tech support team suggest fail to fix the issue. The higher tech team has said it could be a fibre issue and I'm on hold (65 minutes and counting) for them to go through steps to try and fix. I don't understand how this could be a broadband issue when I can phone other numbers and could phone my son and wife when their numbers were on another network. 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi jlwarlow, 

Thank you for posting to the Community.

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the numbers you have ported over to us.

As some time has now passed since your last post to us, can you please advise if you are still experiencing this issue?

If so, can you please let me know what happens when you try to make a call, do you get any error messages on the handset?

in regards to the Wi-Fi calling, we would need to ensure this is correctly set up on the account. We have a page dedicated to this which you can reach by clicking here

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
jlwarlow
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat yes this is still ongoing. I have had technical team on the phone as it's a know issue with wifi calling effecting a lot of people. My phone is setup correctly, it's an issue with Virgin Wifi calling they're working on.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know jlwarlow. 

Have you been provided with an estimated fix date/time for this issue?

Nat
0 Kudos
jlwarlow
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Not yet, work around is to turn off wifi calling when I need to call my son/wife then enable when I'm done.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you jlwarlow.

I appreciate this must be frustrating and apologise for any inconvenience the issue may be causing. 

Please do let us know when you receive further updates from the team. 

Nat
0 Kudos
jlwarlow
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I do have 1 question. On virgin media, or the package I'm on if it's not on all, messaging on WhatsApp doesn't come out of my data allowance. Does WhatsApp audio/video come out of my data allowance? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

Messages, pictures and videos sent through WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Twitter on our 4G plans will not count towards your monthly data allowance. If you make a voice or video call with WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, these aren't included and will come out of your data allowance. 

Nat
0 Kudos