cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling devices

KSShep
Joining in

Hi, I have had a Motorola G9 Play for a couple of years but this does not support WiFi calling and I get no signal in my house. I am resigned to buying a new phone.  I guess it doesn't have to be bought through virgin (they don't seem to sell SIM free phones) but it does need to be on their list of compatible devices. This list is missing (if you can make out the blue bits in the screenshot)

Which Motorola and Oppo devices are supported for WiFi calling on virgin?

My SIM card is white but has a very dark purple background behind the infinity symbol.

Thank you x

Screenshot_20221030-160637-838.png

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @KSShep 

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with WiFi calling and are now in need of a new device! 

Unfortunately if Motorola or Oppo devices are not included on this list then we cannot guarantee they will be compatible. 

Thank you again.

I think the point was missed that the list of compatible devices was signposted but missing. I have since bought an Oppo a54 5g as this handset is offered by virgin on pay monthly. It turns out I can do WiFi calling with this on Virgin, but I am porting my number to ASDA anyway.

Hey @KSShep thanks for the reply on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving us 😞
May I ask if you've handed in your notice and received a PAC code?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs