Menu
gt900uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Calling.

Just discovered an issue where WiFi calling doesn't appear to work correctly. If my phone is on my WiFi network I get a message saying I have dialled an incorrect number when I try to call my wife's mobile, also Virgin. If I turn off WiFi Calling it works fine. The issue doesn't appear to exist to landlines or other mobile numbers. I see on the forum this appears to have been a quite common occurrence. Did anyone with the issue get it resolved?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Calling.

You are right it is an issue that keep cropping up. Strange it is usually between partners that have moved to Virgin recently. 

It has all the hallmarks of a routing issue on the WiFi side of the core network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ashpole
Up to speed
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

And nearly always fails calling “a wife”. In my case I can’t call my wife on or off Wi-Fi Calling. I wonder if it’s related to multiple lines on an account - an account holder’s primary number can’t call a secondary SIM on that account, and it just happens to be the husband who is the main account holder.

There’s way too many of us with this fault that someone somewhere must see a solution converging 🤷‍♂️ Lets face it, it’s a weird and messed up issue.
Kazallie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem and it went on for weeks we moved from O2 but I couldn't call my wife and she couldn't call me we tried everything and many many calls and chats to virgin and a new SIM but with no joy but for us it was fixed by Wifi calling being turned off. We did it on our phones but it has to be done at Virgins end too. We thought ours was a porting issue but since this has been turned off our phones work perfectly. Very frustrating as it took weeks to try and sort out but once we spoke to the right person it was sorted in minutes. As you say it seems to be a very common problem. Hopefully this may sort your problem

ashpole
Up to speed
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Kazallie So if I read that right, it leaves you without being able to turn on Wi-Fi Calling? For me and my family that would not work due to the poor indoor signal. Kinda two wrongs have made a right...!

Kazallie
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ah thats no good for you then! For us it makes no difference in fact I'd never heard of WiFi calling till I moved to Virgin so knew it wasn't something we'd miss. He did say they were looking for a longer term solution for this but that was quick fix. Really hope you can find another way to get it sorted 

ashpole
Up to speed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Kazallie Cheers! I might have to move back to Three...
0 Kudos
Kazallie
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So annoying isn't it! I can't tell you how much I regreted moving to Virgin having been with O2 for years and never having any problems...I certainly would've moved had it not been sorted. Not much point in us having a family plan when you can't call anyone that's on it. Good luck!

0 Kudos
gt900uk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks folks, doesn't sound like there is much hope then.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, gt900uk,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to make calls whilst on WIFI calling. Can you confirm the following:

• Does you phone have a dial assist service? You can heck here https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com/  If so, then switch it off and try calling. 
  • Does your phone have a voLTE setting and are you able to switch it off and try calling?
  • Do you get the same error when you dial manually instead of from your saved contact?
  • Did you port your number over from another provider?

If none of these work let me know and I'll send you a private message to get your mobile account details

Cheers,

Corey C