Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Calling on Samsung S7

My S7 was working with WiFi Calling back in March but following an update it now isnt working or available?

Is this something Virgin has switched off?

Its pretty annoying as the phone coverage in my house is poor.

It wasn't a problem when I signed up, but it is now

Any advice please.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Calling on Samsung S7

Hi triton,

The S7 isn't listed as having support for wifi calling. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-calling

The text from the dropdown Who can get Virgin Media WiFi calling

Any customer with a Pay Monthly plan and a supported device, using your Virgin Mobile SIM.

Which phones devices support WiFi Calling?

You’ll need one of these phones devices to use WiFi Calling:

Apple: iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Samsung: Samsung S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e, S20, S205G, S20+5G, S20Ultra5G, Note10, Note 10+ and Note 10+5G

All of these devices support WiFi Calling if they are bought directly from us. If you are using a device that was bought from another network, or SIM free, we cannot guarantee that it will support our WiFi Calling service. If your supported device doesn’t have the WiFi Calling option available, make sure you have updated the software to the latest version and reboot your device.

If your device isn’t supported yet don’t panic, we’ll be adding WiFi Calling to more devices soon.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm surprised you say you had it. 

As pointed out it is not on the list and runs an older, none supported, version of Android 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Definitely was working, brilliantly too as very poor phone signal at home. 

0 Kudos