Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Calling now released??

Is this true or another leaked page published too early?

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-media-wifi-calling

With Virgin Media WiFi Calling you can stay connected, even when there’s no mobile signal

Virgin Media WiFi Calling

The Virgin Media mobile network reaches far and wide, covering 99% of the UK. But what about that pesky 1%? Well, now we’ve got you covered wherever you are, thanks to the new Virgin Media WiFi Calling feature.

Now, if you’re stuck in a low-signal spot anywhere with a WiFi connection, you can stay connected, have those important conversations and finalise those fun plans.

Best of all, Virgin Media WiFi Calling is also activated at no extra cost! All you have to make sure of is that you’re a Pay Monthly customer with an eligible device and a Virgin Mobile 4G SIM.

The added bonus? There’s no extra app to download. Just head to your phone’s WiFi settings on eligible iOS devices and the most recent Samsung and Huawei phone, and turn on WiFi Calling.

And did we mention that it’s automatic? It’s true! If there’s WiFi in range, your phone will simply choose WiFi Calling when you ring someone. If the person you’re phoning has WiFi Calling switched on as well, you’ll enjoy a super-clear HD connection as you chat.

Plus, you only need to activate WiFi Calling on your device once to be connected forever. Easy.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Calling now released??

True with the caveat 'Eligible Device'

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

What devices are eligible?

Theres no info on the actual Virgin Mobile page - I only found the page linked above by Googling “Virgin Mobile WiFi Calling”. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Samsung S9 and S9+ only at present

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-calling

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

There you are. That was also 3 weeks ago.....progress is slow

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

So no iOS support at present?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Nope. Most networks started with iOS as it goes across a range of devices.

Virgin went with a 2 year old Android!

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Haha fair enough. 

Ill give it another couple of weeks to see what progress is made before making the plunge...

Its interesting that this has only just been implemented when they’re due to change to Vodafone soon?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Good 18 months + till Vodafone

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You prefer Vodafone over EE?

0 Kudos