Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Calling not working on iPhone XS

Hi

I recently got a Virgin SIM and I was excited to hear that WiFi calling is now up and running.

Despite having a compatible device - iPhone XS, the latest iOS software, the latest Carrier Settings update, a stable WiFi connection, AND having the WiFi calling setting turned on – I have yet to receive a text stating that WiFi calling has been enabled for my device.

Needless to say, "WiFiCall" is also not displayed at the top of the screen as it would have been if everything was working as expected. I have tried turning WiFi calling on and off several times without any success.

To add to this, I have been using exactly the same device with EE, using their WiFi calling without any problem for a long time before deciding to switch to Virgin.

The only thing I can think of is that this particular iPhone XS was bought in Japan rather than the regular UK/global version

Although I doubt it, perhaps Virgin needs to add this particular model number to their list of enabled devices? Besides this, I can't really think of a reason why WiFi calling shouldn't work.

Thankful for help with this. Hoping that I will receive the long-awaited text soon and that WiFi calling will work 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Calling not working on iPhone XS

There have been a few cases where Virgin have had to activate it their end, particularly with phones not bought from them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos