cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling not working.

Soda-Bread
On our wavelength

Would anyone be able to help as to why wi-fi calling doesn't seem to work on my Galaxy S22 ?

I have enabled the setting,via phone dialpad, settings, call setting, wif-fi calling.

But no symbol appears on the top of the screen.

I tried also via the quick shortcuts button,

I dont seem to get the notification pop up message,( your location-related information can be sent to google and your network operator in order to establish wi-fi calls) or the setting regarding if (wi-fi preferred or mobile preferred) when I enable my setting. that i've seen when I looked at YouTube on how to enable wi-fi calling. 

I have restarted the phone, and updated the software.

I tried putting my phone into flightmode and then just enabling the wifi.

The  phone was bought direct from Samsung.

Any ideas anyone ?

49 REPLIES 49

Hi @nifty1a

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort the WiFi calling issue out.

Do pop back to the community should you ever need assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

S-I-T
Tuning in

Having the same issue. I'm able to activate now (was on giffgaff before so wifi calling button wasn't in menu). Turned on wifi calling but its not working. I need this because I'm in a signal black hole where I live and virgin is the only rolling monthly sim that offers wifi calling. Please help.

Hi @S-I-T

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community - please do make your own thread in the future 🙂

I've checked the system and can see you've called the team since posting who have activated WiFi calling for you 🙂

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

JPM46
Joining in

I've just started having this issue, today.

I've had WiFi calling setup on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for a while.

It's been working in the house and is essential as reception is terrible in this area.

I know it's not my phone, as I was just in Sainsbury's and connected to their WiFi, where I had WiFi calling working.

All this points to a Virgin Media side issue.

It would be great if this could be resolved, as there have been a litany of issues recently.

Thanks

WiFi calling seems to have magically reappeared!

I'm wondering if this is a symptom of something wider?

I did the full router reset, handset reset (and SIM replacement) earlier.... had 220Mb download and 25Mb upload speeds after the reset, and still no WiFi calling.

Now, a few hours later, it appears to have come back in play.

Hoping this isn't indicative of a service issue, as there have been several intermittent issues with the broadband of late...

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JPM46, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are sorry to hear you experienced some issues with the service but glad it has now been resolved.

Please reach out if you have any further issues and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks, Nat.

It would be good to know if there's something amiss with the service in my area that led to this.

I'm always wary of intermittent faults, especially as I've experienced so many of late.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We would be happy to run a quick check from our side but I will just need to take a few details via private message. 

I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Wifi calling never works for me when I’m at home. This is on an 02 iPhone bang up to date iOS, wifi calling toggled off/on/shutdown/restarted but still no wifi calling at home…..as others have mentioned, I get wifi calling when I’m out and about,for example when I’m in Sainsbury’s I get wifi calling in store without fail which leads me to beleive it’s definitely virgin hub/service that has issues with wifi calling……

Hi steviejones123, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with WiFi calling. 

Which Hub do you have please? Also, do any other wireless connections have problems? 

Thanks, 

Nat