Menu
LIs11
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why do i need to change sim card?

Hi everyone, My sons phone is in my name and he lives away =, he has been having messages to change his sim card, why ?

He don't have the sim card to change.

He don't want to change it.

The account is in my name so I have to keep ringing them asking them to put the account in his name, this never gets done.

The massages are now saying he will not be able to use his phone in 7 days.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why do i need to change sim card?

Hello

VM are replacing all SIM card from the rebranded EE ones to their own network, it will still use the EE network for the signal at this time but in the future if VM decide to switch to another supplier for the signal it will allow the change to happen without any service interruption.

The problem as well you cannot change a mobile account to another person, it has to stay with the person who registers it.

You should have received a replacement SIM if the account and address is in your name.

The SIM will have to be replaced as failure to do so would mean no service from the network, as he already has the message.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The sad fact is that we all have to change SIMs because Virgin is changing network from EE to Vodaphone. Initially, it was said SIMs would not need to be changed but now they do, despite COVID-19 and that fact that sometimes, the new ones don't work. So, yes, you do need to change your SIM.

I am not an expert, just an old bloke hoping Virgin will one day respond to my questions. If you are luckier, you will get a more comprehensive and maybe more helpful answer.

CarolPuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My husband received the new sim card which Virgin sent out last week.  It all worked fine for 3 days and now is saying SIM failure.  Can't find a number to call other than the one which was in his phone which of course doesn't work!  Does anyone know how to get hold of customer services please. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CarolPuk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that the new SIM has stopped working, this isn't good. 

We might need to replace it but we'll do some other checks first. 

Just reply to the personal message I'm sending you now and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
smiley1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a Galaxy Europa phone on pay as you go and have inserted the new SIM. Roaming is turned off on the phone yet an R appears on top of the phone signal sign, how do I get rid of this and is it going to charge me?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@smiley1 wrote:

I have a Galaxy Europa phone on pay as you go and have inserted the new SIM. Roaming is turned off on the phone yet an R appears on top of the phone signal sign, how do I get rid of this and is it going to charge me?

You won't get rid of the R as it is a way earlier versions of Android act with these SIM cards. It is quite safe to ignore it and does not effect how the phone operates 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks