cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need another new sim?

clos
Tuning in

Got an email to say that I am being sent a new sim. Why is this necessary? 

It will be the 3rd I have been sent in 12 months.  Very inconvenient because i live abroad at the moment.

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello clos

Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to the recent communication received relating to changing your SIM card, we understand there has already been some changes recently and the confusion these can cause.

Part of these changes are relating to the network used, we have recently migrated to O2 as part of our joint venture and in some instances this will require a new SIM card where we aren't able to make the changes 'over the air'

Rob

It feels like it was only a few months ago that I was sent a new sim because of a switch to Vodafone.

Again, we understand the frustration and apologise for the confusion caused. As you are probably already aware we're only able to send the new SIM to a UK based address. It would also need to be activated whist connected to the UK network to ensure there are no issues during this process.

I will ask If you have received the new SIM with the correspondence? If so and you require assistance with the activation, let me know and I'm happy to help although as you have mentioned the other SIM replacements you will be familiar with this process. Support is also included in the literature that comes with the SIM.

Rob

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Problem is that Virgin cannot update these SIM cards when they are out of the country. Hence the need to send out new cards activated in the UK If you were resident in the UK then you would probably still be on the original SIM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks