Menu
MatthewDoubleM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Why are 50% of my calls are silent and the caller/person I am calling unable to hear me?

Callers or people I am calling are very often unable to hear me. Some days it happens with over half of my calls. In a silent call, I then have to tell the person that I will call them back. SOmetimes it takes two or three attempts to get through.

I have recently changed phones, so it is network related and I have seen other people have the same problem

What is going on and how can it be sorted out?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why are 50% of my calls are silent and the caller/person I am calling unable to hear me?

Matthew I don't think even Virgin themself know why it keeps happening. I'm having the same thing for the past 6 weeks or more all over the UK. I had a fight earlier in the year with Virgin to sort this crap out. Tried to tell me it was my device I said what all 6 of them. Fault lays with their equipment not your device.

Best advice take notés of date's, time and phone number's when this happen and report it to Virgin.  A 24 hour windows is what they usually work on for trouble shooting ...

Joe 

cmaheather
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are 50% of my calls are silent and the caller/person I am calling unable to hear me?

Yes I have been having the exact same problems for the past few weeks - the person at the other end can't hear anything but I can hear them fine.  I have a Samsung S9 and am still on the EE signal.  It is getting very frustrating as I have to keep redialling the other person until they can hear me.  I wonder if changing to the Vodafone signal would fix this issue?

0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
Superfast
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm back on EE supply makes no difference being on Vodafone. My problem started January 2021 and Feb 2021 I was switch onto Virgin / Vodafone and had a help of à problem trying to sort it out.. 

Yes it is frustrating having to redial but this type of problem been on going for a good while now.

Just keep reporting the matter

Joe

0 Kudos
MatthewDoubleM
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe

Where do you report it? 

Virgin Mobile are almost impossible to contact. It's like they don't want to help their customers

Matthew

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MatthewDoubleM,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your calls, I can certainly appreciate the frustration with this. 

It looks like I have been able to locate your account and do wish to help with this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

MatthewDoubleM
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Martin

FYI - It is happening in different locations

Looking forward to hearing from you

Matthew

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have sent you a private message. Please respond as soon as possible. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
MatthewDoubleM
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Mobile team sent me a private message pretty quickly and are sending me a new SIM, which they say may solve the issue as my current one is more than 3 years old

Have to say that I am quite impressed with the service

Hope that it works!

Thanks Virgin

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome MatthewDoubleM

Let me know once you have received it and if it resolves the issue 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos