Menu
Guan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why Yodel?

I was waiting on a delivery of a new phone today by the worlds most pathetic excuse of a courier (Yodel).  Of course it never came.  Now I'm left out of pocket for missing a day at work, and my som has not recieved his birthday present.

Virgin's use of this pathetic courier has just cost them two mobile contracts and a broadband customer.

Well done Yodel

0 Kudos
Guan
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why Yodel?

So after contacting yodel again, they now tell me they haven't even put my phone out for delivery today.  Does anyone know how the hell to get these incompenant plebs off their butts and do the job they have been paid to do?  Been trying to contact virgin for the last 40 mins and still waiting.  How many days wages do I need to lose over this nonsense.

0 Kudos
Guan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Latest update.....

I know this may be dull to many of you, but I feel it's important that the incompetance of Yodel is made public knowledge here. 

Today is the third time I've tried to talk to yodel.  Now they claim that the label must be damaged or the package lost.  I asked them how this would present a problem, as even if the barcode was damaged and unreadable, the numerical code would still be there and could be inputed manually, or the package idetified by its package number etc.  No reply, just ignored the logic.  Now they say that they will raise this with the warehouse and I should contact them in 5 days if I see no update.  Spoke to virgin webchat as well.  They said they would raise this with Yodel and I should contact virgin in 5 days.

So I have to wait 5 days for them to find a package, then god knows how long to deliver it, or have a replacement sent out or whatever.  All of this when Virgin promise next day delivery.

On top of this, Virgin start to charge me for the contract from 26/11/20 (the date they mailed the phone).  So I am paying for a service I cannot possibly use as I dont have the phone or even the sim card.  This is not the service I expected from Virgin(although exactly what I expected from yodel).  If I had known Yodel was the courier, I would never have ordered.  I'm going to wait until tomorrow and if still no joy, then goodbye virgin.  Two phone contracts and broadband will be cancelled.  I know one person isn't much from their eyes, but I'd much rather give over £100 a month to a company that actually gives a damn about providing the service they charge for.

Sorry for the rant everyone, but after losing 3 days salary waiting for this phone, and having a very disappointed birthday boy, I've had enough of this.

0 Kudos
Johnboy5
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly Yodel are about the cheapest delivery option for Virgin. They are well aware that there are issues but its all about the bottom line here, keeping there and hopefully you costs down

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It’s a great way to get help with your Virgin Mobile services - and it's free!
Just send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Guan,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've had with getting your handset delivered by our delivery partner.

Have you now got the handset that you ordered or are you still having issues with Yodel?

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Guan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I finally received the delivery a week later than expected. The only fault I can place at virgins door is their choice of courier. Yodel have a horrid reputation and once again have lived up to their rep.  

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that you finally got your package delivered and we apologise for the delays that you have suffered.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team about your issues with Yodel.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos