cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is callback option for a voicemail message?

Moreas
Joining in

Hi Folks, I have Voicemail service on my phone but when I use it it gives my every option except one to callback the number which left the message! This is a very odd omission. So, when I have say ten voicemails, I can listen to them, save them, delete them, move to next message etc but the one USEFUL thing anyone would want to do is to ring the caller back! This option is not there so it means you have to play the message again and then manually write down the number and redial manually once out of voicemail. Its bizarre! Does anyone else have this problem? 

Best Regards 

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your message. 

I don't appear to be experiencing any other issues. My partner had a similar issue with her mobile service with O2 and that has ben resolved. When I spoke to Virgin tech service they mentioned that the problem could be caused by Virgin's move to use the O2 network and maybe it would be resolved soon.

Vodaphone offered this service but besides that, if one has say 14 or more voicemails (say, the person has been in a concert and so out of touch for a few hours) the most logical thing ...and is what O2 and Vodaphone do offer...is to be able to, firstly listen to the message, its content and who left the message and right there return the call by pressing a numbered option button. Virgin offers all the other options like save, delete, move to next message, go back/forward 10 seconds of the message but not the most obvious one....call the number back! Bonkers!

Best Regards   

...oh, and no text messages that a new voicemail has been received have I seen to date. Would this be something I configure? 

Regards 

Steve

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that. 

I can only apologise at this stage - this might be something that does come into place when we move to our new provider, but I also wouldn't like to say that's 100% for sure. If there was something I could do to raise this to be added now - then it would be easier for me to do that, but there isn't. I can pass the feedback onto the relevant teams though. 

I don't think there is anything you can do to set it up - I just know from my own experience as I use the network. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.