Menu
MrsTims
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When will old sim expire?

Hi, my Mum has been a pay as you go customer for years. She is now receiving texts saying that her SIM will expire. She is in a nursing home, and the phone is a lifeline, as we cannot visit her due to COVID 19. Changing a SIM will be impossible for her, and no one will be able to do it for her. How long before her SIM will be switched off?

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When will old sim expire?

I would repeat your message on Virgin's 'New SIM Issues' thread above and perhaps you will catch the eye of a Virgin team member. If a VIP sees this, he/she might like to escalate the message or provide a helpful answer as it is urgent. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ahrbee wrote:

I would repeat your message on Virgin's 'New SIM Issues' thread above and perhaps you will catch the eye of a Virgin team member. If a VIP sees this, he/she might like to escalate the message or provide a helpful answer as it is urgent. 

Escalated. Best I can do as VIPs have no access to Virgin systems

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello MrsTims

Would it be possible to to send the new sim to an alternative address or would the Home accept post and one of the Staff be able to activate this for your Mother?

We would need to be pass security first. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MrsTims
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes, it is possible to send the new sim to an alternative address. How do I provide the address?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrstims,

Thanks for your post 🙂

You need to update your address by giving our team a call you can reach them on 0345 600 0789

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos