Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

When i text someone it comes up with the wrong number

I recently got a contract with virgin around 3 weeks ago and I used a pac code from my old provider so that I could keep my old number and that has worked for the calls but whenever I text someone it comes up with the number which the sim card came with. I've called customer support and they haven't been able to sort it they keep trying to get me to do the same thing which is changing my number in contacts and saving it to the number to my personal number and they are saying it should now work. I've done this 4 times with different people and I have had no luck.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: When i text someone it comes up with the wrong number

Hay there @Grahamt1

Thanks so much for popping along to our Community and thanks so much for your first ever post. 

This is a very odd one as if it was a number issue, it would be impacting calls as well. 

Before we go into any more detail and raise internal investigation, can I ask you to do one check for us and tell what happens. 

Please can you send a text to a contact NOT listed as a contact in your phone. (i.e. delete a contact from your list. Send a text message to the number without adding it to your contacts) 

Can you let us know what the recipient gets? 

(Does this happen on WhatsApp too?)

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos