Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

When are VM going to put wifi calling on Samsung Galaxy S8 note

We have been with VM since the days of Tele West and Ntlworld and over the years have had major problems with our internet (But locally the other providers are even worse) more down than up, regular freezes and is never anywhere near the download speed we pay for. Last year as a solution we opted for the OOmph Bundle with the free SIM and I reluctantly switched from O2 (Who had many signal strength issues round the UK and Europe where I travel) initially though the signal coverage on VM in the UK was much worse than O2 though the signal at home was good and we got used to using my mobile for wifi at home. With regular streaming and calling usage  over 70Mb a month. Then the local masts in our village goes down ( about 6 weeks into UK Lockdown 1 ) since then we have had 6 months of practically no mobile call service or worse random call drops after a minute or so. No data at all and even worse practically no wifi probably due to all the people at home streaming through self isolation. And what do VM say......we will set you up for wifi calling WHAT ... we have no wifi and unlike other providers VM do not support wifi calling on my phone. Their solution is the mast is not ours it belongs to EE, call us when the mast repaired and we will talk about compensation. In the meantime my mobile is my main business contact and COVID is bad enough I’ve had little or no work for weeks on end since May due to the lack of mobile coverage and VM’s latest response is the mast is not being restored by EE?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: When are VM going to put wifi calling on Samsung Galaxy S8 note

They are right about the mast, being a virtual operator they are at the mercy of EE.  I guess you have checked their status page.

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

All they can do is offer compensation 

I suspect the S8 will not get WiFi Calling.

If this is your main business phone then you are better having a business account with a full network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos