Menu
Meup93
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

Same issue and it's every app that uses data as sms is fine it happens on 3g/4g WiFi is fine this needs sorting so many people will leave what a nightmare 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 52 of 169
Flag for a moderator

It does really need sorting sooner rather than later. Those suffering now have a sort of "get out of contract free" card up their sleeves. Point 4 in link below.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/06/uk-isps-sign-up-to-new-ofcom-fairness-for-customers-co...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Stig
Tuning in
Message 53 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Nice to know teabag. That's going to be my next step.  

Cheers.

0 Kudos
adhain
Joining in
Message 54 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I've put a complaint through resolver for this... Had a message 2 times saying they will call me with regards to the complaint but I have heard nothing in 2 weeks! 

0 Kudos
Tonnox82
Joining in
Message 55 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here!

0 Kudos
Stig
Tuning in
Message 56 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I've opened a complaint through resolver as well. See if we can get some answers. 

0 Kudos
gregthomas02
Tuning in
Message 57 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I've been experiencing the same issues since day one of using Virgin Mobile.  I use Whatsapp desktop and whenever my phone has been locked for a few minutes the connection to Whatsapp drops, I then have to unlock the phone and go into Whatsapp to sync.

I have reported this to Virgin, had a replacement SIM, performed a factory reset on the phone and had no luck.  This is only on mobile data, if I'm connected to WiFi then I get push messages instantly.

Fortunately my contract ends in the next week so although I'm gutted to lose out on a cheap 20GB data plan it's useless when I don't get the full value from it.

Laurene
Joining in
Message 58 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I have a Huawei p20 pro and have the exact same issue, it's driving me crazy!! It's only on 4G, when I'm on WiFi they come through fine. I can be out and about on 4G and get nothing, only to open whatsapp and have messages there from hours before. Very frustrating, particularly when I'm only a couple of months into a year's contract and would like to leave if there is no solution!! 

0 Kudos
Stig
Tuning in
Message 59 of 169
Flag for a moderator

That's me off. Cancelled my contract, now with three and everything is working fine. Virgin need to sort this out and do something about their customer service!

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 60 of 169
Flag for a moderator

The message I received today

Good day! Due to our current system upgrade, some unforeseen mobile disruption has occurred. In effect, we’ve been receiving a high volume of messages. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding whilst we work diligently on improving your mobile services. Rest assured that our network engineers are already working on it for you so you can continue enjoying our service.

0 Kudos