Menu
HNP
Tuning in
Message 31 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

It's sad to say but I don't think there is any benefit from posting on this thread or calling customer services about this issue. I have heard nothing from either. I would like to be proved wrong.

The last time I called customer services was a couple of days ago and that was to cancel my contract. Even then, they want to go through the whole story again. I've learnt that whoever you speak to will say the same thing (It's your phone) so I politely refused to talk about it and was off the phone in 5mins.

I have written to the virgin compalints department (via email and post) as the whole experience has been and still is horrific. I recommend others do the same. If I still don't get a response I'm going to take it further. 

0 Kudos
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree,that will be my next step as well, it's more than clear that Virgin doesn't care about this issue,they just said it's a problem from our mobile when I call to costumer service,so when I come back from holidays I will go to another provider

0 Kudos
Shah12
Joining in
Message 33 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Notifications

Any lastest info on the notification issues?

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 34 of 168
Flag for a moderator

My Google pixel has started having this issue this morning and it's very annoying.

Opening the app up brings the messages pending.

0 Kudos
adhain
Joining in
Message 35 of 168
Flag for a moderator

I have a Huawei P20 Pro Android Version 9. Been having issues for almost 2 months now. 

Notifications from apps are either delayed or are only coming through when clicked into the actual application. Have spoken to the SMS help team with no avail...again being told its the phone...and not the network. 

I know 3 others who are having the exact same issue...all using different phones!

0 Kudos
BJS02
Joining in
Message 36 of 168
Flag for a moderator

WhatsApp messages not coming through

I have not been receiving Whatsapp notifications. I have to open Whatsapp before the messages appear. This started when i received my 4g sim a couple of months ago (before this it worked perfect). I have rang up a number of times and got nowhere. So now i will be changing service provider as people i know who are not with virgin mobile are not having this problem.

0 Kudos
Bambina
Joining in
Message 37 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Any updates on this?

This seems like breech of contract to me on Virgin's part. Not fulfilling the service that is being paid for. So should be fairly easy to cancel my contract and move to another network if this isn't fixed soon.

0 Kudos
HPATEL
Tuning in
Message 38 of 168
Flag for a moderator

@bambina

Yes, you would think so, but unfortunately when you call the cancellation team/customer service they fail to acknowledge there is even a problem. So getting out of the contract is going to probably be a very long process especially without incurring any extra charges.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 39 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile work in partnership with Resolver if you feel you are getting nowhere with Customer Service

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/virgin-mobile-complaints?territory_id=5

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
parms
Tuning in
Message 40 of 168
Flag for a moderator

I have raised a IT ticket with Virgin Mobile which is going nowhere as I have had no updates. Every time I call for an update I get told to wait 10-15 business days which is insane! After waiting this I get told the same again! I have raised a ticket on Resolver so lets see where that gets to...

Just read that Virgin Mobile is the MOST complained about mobile company.......I have not found any reason why this would not be the case! Absolute nightmare company to deal with!
0 Kudos