Menu
HPATEL
Tuning in
Message 21 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

Not really sure why all this info is needed about our phones, when it obviously nothing to do with the phone!

'Customer services ' are soo unhelpful  so not really sure if anyone at Virgin is taking this seriously

0 Kudos
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I was working long time ago in O2 costumer service in Spain,I understand,they need info from some differents devices in different locations and OS versions to get accepted the incidence,I hope they fix this issue soon

0 Kudos
ap27
Tuning in
Message 23 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm I am having the above problem. I do not get an push notifications through for any applications including WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat and Gmail. I have called customer service several times who cannot acknowledge the fact that there is a problem with the network. Despite telling them I have a dual SIM phone, and messages are coming through fine when connected to the Three network, they are still adamant that it is a problem with my phone. I asked to cancel but they said I would have to pay off my contract, seems unreasonable as they are not providing a working service. 

I hope this issue get fixed soon!

0 Kudos
HNP
Tuning in
Message 24 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Samsung s7, Android version 8

I have just spent the last hour on the phone to customer services trying to make an offical complaint but instead I've  been patronized and told to go to a virgin store so that they can confirm that I have tried everything I've been told i.e. give them evidence. Really really disappointed with the service and the rude staff.

I hope the team looking at this thread are able to help soon.

0 Kudos
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Happened something similar to me the last Monday,I called to Virgin media,I had explained my problem and all previous checks a did in my mobile and the agent was convinced that was a problem with my Wifi network,after told him several times that everything working fine with my WiFi and that only happened under Virgin network,the agent just told my in a very rude way that he doesn't not idea why I did received WhatsApp messages.....very disappointed costumer services sometimes Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
logix92
Joining in
Message 26 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue, delays started cropping up recently in WhatsApp especially and for email clients to, but for me the major concern is WhatsApp. Seems clearly a network issue. Any updates on fixes? My device is Samsung S8 plus. 

0 Kudos
parms
Tuning in
Message 27 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I have also had issues for many weeks - finally VM have opened a IT ticket with their back office team. Have been told it will take 3-5 days before I get a response, so will chase up end of this week.

It is very annoying especially as their are many posts related to this issue and many users affected. VM needs to do something about it - else we should all report to OFCOM!!!
0 Kudos
HNP
Tuning in
Message 28 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I have attempted to log a complaint about this with virgin but not got anywhere yet (as I'm talking to the unhelpful customer services). Called again today and it is pending.

Everyone should definitely complain to OFCOM. That's what I'm doing next.

0 Kudos
Sonia3
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 169
Flag for a moderator

Does anybody know if there is any answer from the network team?has been almost a month from the last time that we had an update about this issue Smiley Sad

I think I will go to another company when i come back from holidays 

0 Kudos
shuvvy1990
Just joined
Message 30 of 169
Flag for a moderator

I have a Galaxy s10, running dual sim, other one on EE. I have no issues with the EE sim, but as soon as I switch mobile data to virgin, I stop getting notifications

0 Kudos