Menu
abboo
Tuning in
Message 161 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

Had the same problem. complained to VM and was told the issue is with WhatsApp/Gmail /etc.. Virgin Mobile has refused to accept any responsibility, even though the moderator says that they are ' working on a fix', on other forum threads.

I complained to CISAS, and they asked virgin to cancel the airtime portion of my contract with no charge.

I suggest you all do same please - you are wasting your time expecting VM to fix the issue or compensate you.

The process is first to request a 'Deadlock letter' - which will undoubtebly state that the issue lies with third party application (WhatsApp), then create a case with CISAS, make sure to include screen snapshots of this forum showing that other users are experiencing the same 

williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 162 of 173
Flag for a moderator

So the only problem is they were meant to send me a deadlock letter 3 weeks ago.....

I was on hold yesterday for 45 mins trying to get through....  Appalling customer service does not describe VM.

0 Kudos
shreenap13
Joining in
Message 163 of 173
Flag for a moderator

how did u get out of your contract Stig? 

0 Kudos
shreenap13
Joining in
Message 164 of 173
Flag for a moderator

how did you get out of your contract HNP? 

0 Kudos
rishy
On our wavelength
Message 165 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Log onto resolver and log a complaint using the ref in one of the earlier posts and refer to this thread

0 Kudos
Laurene
Joining in
Message 166 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I have been having this ongoing issue since January. I have a Huawei phone and am on a VM SIM only 12 month contract.

I rang VM back in July to highlight the issue and gave the complaint number as on this thread. I was told there would be an update the following Monday and I would be contacted. Monday came and no call so later that week I rang back and was told there was no update. I asked for a new SIM to be sent incase the issue was to do with this, which still didn't solve anything. 

On Monday this week I finally gave up having missed multiple important messages whilst I was at work and rang VM to say I wanted to leave penalty free. I spoke to a really helpful lady (the others previously not so much) who after the same questions regarding 'have you checked your notification settings?' (of course I have!!) agreed after confirming with the manager that I could leave and have the early disconnection fee cancelled. 

I moved to Tesco mobile, who use o2 network, on Monday evening and so far everything works fine and all notifications come through instantly. 

Virgin offer a great SIM only price with great data allowance however I now am paying no extra and actually getting a good service. Good luck to you all trying to sort this issue, I know how annoying it was!! 

Sumpong
On our wavelength
Message 167 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same problem here, wasted several weeks trying to resolve this by changing phone settings, reset to factory. No problems if using a 3 mobile sim in my phone, problems come straight back with the VM sim. I'm using an Android phone. Problems only on 4g, all works ok on WiFi. Luckily found this thread so now know the problem is VM not my phone. Very disappointed that VM haven't fixed this yet, really shocking. I will be complaining on Resolver and look forward to leaving VM

0 Kudos
drmave
Joining in
Message 168 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue. Been through weeks of VM 'assistance' changing phone settings, replacing sim etc. And then I also found this thread. I quoted this thread and others to VM but they said the problem is with my network coverage. Which I shot down, because it happens literally everywhere. 

VM were very pushy for me to close my case, which I was shocked by because its still not working. My case remains open and I will ask for a deadlock letter and go through CISAS.

VM are surviving by clawing new customers in constantly with very cheap, high data sim only plans. The regulatory bodies are obviously not interested either. This screams a BBC watchdog case to me. 

0 Kudos
miniotaur
Joining in
Message 169 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I've created an account just to join this topic as I also have this problem.

I've joined Virgin recently and don't really know if I want to stay because of this...

0 Kudos
Meup93
On our wavelength
Message 170 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone else noticed a difference I've not experienced late notifications for about a week now is it finally fixed. Still no answers from virgin but if it keeps like this I may not leave now but they're still not admitting it was there fault 

0 Kudos