Menu
Meup93
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

More people need to complain through resolver to get this sorted they raised another fault ticket but cant see any problems if not enough people send a complaint in the won't do anything as she said it's a select few which is rubbish

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 72 of 176
Flag for a moderator

I've been doing it the last few months and hitting a brick wall

0 Kudos
a00
Joining in
Message 73 of 176
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem after receiving a new purple SIM card. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A3, Android 8.

None of the 3 people I spoke to at Virgin Mobile knew about this problem until I quoted the ticket number P009299405 so I wonder how many customers Virgin Mobile are letting think it is not a fault with their network.

I keep using their text service on 07533016422 to try and get updates instead of wasting my time phoning them.

Did this happen to anyone else when their SIM card was changed?

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 74 of 176
Flag for a moderator

You quote the number and get its with IT still with no further forward which is very annoying.

Today I had H network 3g+ and everything worked fine until I switched back to 4G.

Explains it's nothing my end.

0 Kudos
Ginbolero
Joining in
Message 75 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Add two more to the list of people with delayed whatsapp messages on 4g. Tried my sim in my old phone, still have delayed messages intermittently. Both me and my wife have the same problem at exactly the same time

Two different makes of phone. 

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 76 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Problem seems worse today I have to open WhatsApp so I get the messages straight away.

Before charging more every July how about fixing major problems 🙈 as it's getting annoying now.

0 Kudos
HNP
Tuning in
Message 77 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Email the CEO until you get a response. Google Tom Mockeridge

At least then you might be able to speak to someone useful and get your money back.

Virgin are never going to fix the problem so cancel your contract instead of lining their pockets.

0 Kudos
a00
Joining in
Message 78 of 176
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to Virgin mobile on text today.

After keep asking them if the IT team had identified the fault and had a solution to it, they replied - yes they know what the cause is and they are finalising the resolution.

How true this is I don't know.

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 79 of 176
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully this is quick moving now then.
0 Kudos
Hex72
Joining in
Message 80 of 176
Flag for a moderator

As a long standing and satisfied Virgin customer I recently upgraded my phone and then spent almost 2 weeks banging my head against a brick wall trying to resolve this exact issue. 

After many hours of trawling through Google I stumbled across this forum thread purely by accident and wow am I glad I did!! 

I too had the misfortune of trying to report the problem and be told that it was all at my end by customer service staff who are "blissfully unaware of" (or worse "advised to deny the existence of") a substantiated and ticketed technical issue that is being investigated and has been ongoing for some considerable time. 

Well today I have finally succeeded in cancelling my new contract as thankfully I was still within the 14 days cooling off period and will NOT be recommending Virgin Mobile to anybody from now on. 

The question is... just how many others are they going to lose before they at least have the decency to acknowledge the problem whilst they attempt to resolve it?

0 Kudos