Menu
Highlighted
Lisad108
Tuning in
Message 1 of 173
Flag for a moderator

WhatsApp messages not coming through

My WhatsApp messages are not coming through when using data. They only come through if I open the app or connect to WiFi. Any ideas? All settings seem fine and nothing was altered.

Thanks 

teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

Sorry, no actual answer for you, but does this thread outline your problem  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Background-data-goes-to-sleep/m-p/3844765#M126892

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
ap27
Tuning in
Message 3 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same issue

0 Kudos
Lisad108
Tuning in
Message 4 of 173
Flag for a moderator

It's becoming very annoying. All background running is turned on so I don't really know what is causing the problem. This thread is similar in that messages are not coming through but unsure if it's caused by background running issues.

Going to contact the support centre but I expect nothing will come of this.

0 Kudos
HPATEL
Tuning in
Message 5 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue since 4th april. Have tried everything, even resetting my whole phone.

Customer services are no help and deny it's anything to do with them. Yet I know 4 other people with the same problem

0 Kudos
Lisad108
Tuning in
Message 6 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Mine has been like it for weeks now. Keep hoping it will fix itself. Now and again it works but it doesn't last. I think I'll be leaving virgin because of it! 

0 Kudos
HNP
Tuning in
Message 7 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Just wasted half hour on the phone for them to tell me it's nothing to do with them despite the fact I said I know 5 other people it's affecting. Virgin are adamant that it is my phone or the software. When I questioned how they know I am using WhatsApp to give me free data usage he said they don't! I pointed out that no data usage on WhatsApp is one of their selling points.

Only resolutions he gave me was to ring my phone supplier or he could provide a new SIM (tried that already too)

So I told him I want to cancel my contract....that seems the only resolution to me. Let's see how much I get charged to leave!

0 Kudos
Lisad108
Tuning in
Message 8 of 173
Flag for a moderator

It's so frustrating. I haven't even bothered calling them because I know the conversation will go the same way. Strangely WhatsApp has worked most of the day today. I just don't understand what is causing it especially because sometimes it does actually work! 

0 Kudos
PaulR6
Joining in
Message 9 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I have been having this problem on and off for a month now. This was after I upgraded my tariff / sim card. When connected to Wi-Fi, I have no issues. 

Hope virgin can look into this. As it's becoming very frustrating, 🙄.

0 Kudos
HNP
Tuning in
Message 10 of 173
Flag for a moderator

That's interesting as I just upgraded my tariff too and that's when the issues started.

0 Kudos