Menu
Petem1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What is my security code

I have just had to use my PUK to unlock my phone which is a Nokia 105. The phone then immediately asked me for new PIN which I input. Then it asked me for "Security Code". The only mention I can find in the phone manual is a code for resetting the phone to factory defaults and deleting all data. Is there any way of getting my phone working without losing all my contacts?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is my security code

Hi Petem1,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry for our delayed response and to hear you're having some problems after inserting your new SIM into your handset.

I believe the security key is something to do with the device itself, rather than with your SIM. According to Google, the pre set security code for Nokie 105s is 12345. However after 5 unsuccessful attempts, the handset will ignore all further entries.

Can you please let us know if you are still seeking help with? To be honest, it's not something we're too sure about here, but we can dig deeper for you if you do still need help.

Kind regards.

Beth

0 Kudos
Petem1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still need help. Problem is with the phone not the sim. I have put my SIM into my wife's phone which is dual sim and can receive phone and text on that fine. Problem started when I let the battery go flat. Recharged and then turned phone back on and could not remember PIN code so ended up having to get PUK from my account on Virgin. That worked fine and then was asked to set a new PIN. Did that OK but was then asked for this security code. This is not 12345. The only other code I have found is *#7370#.which is used to factory reset the phone. I tried this but it only seems to take numerals * and # are ignored. This happen with and without a SIM card. Any suggestions.
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue with this Petem1. 

It sounds like it may be that the phone is locked to another network.

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos