Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What happens if dont use new sim in 30 days

I am elderly not tech savvy. I ordered new sim because it was indicated I should do so on my account. I tried to cancel within 24 hours but Sim arrived today. I will never be able to put it in. There is clause that says swap in 30 days to keep service up. I don't want to do anything. Will I lose service in 30days?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What happens if dont use new sim in 30 days

This is a difficult one. I've had 2 in the past and ignored. However, Virgin now seem desperate to change over.

Normally, I would say get someone to change it, but that may not be possible. 

Also these SIM cards may not play nice with older phones and phones previously locked by Virgin to their network.

Perhaps you can tell me what make and model pf phone and approx when and where you bought it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I couldn't figure out how to reply!

It's Sony Experian XA1 sent from Virgin to upgrade old phone around November 2017.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am elderly. I am not tech savvy. I ordered a sim as prompted when I went to my account on March 27.i tried to cancel order. It came today. I am complete technophobe locked down in my house with husband with underlying health issues. I will not be able to put new sim in. Letter says I must swap it in 30 days or lose my service. Will you actually stop my service? I am very anxious. Please respond. I tried to use community but can't work out how to respond to one answer I got asking for more information. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well that model will handle the new SIM OK. What I don't know is whether it is locked to the old style SIM or not.

Catch 22. 

I'd stick with the old one seeing that at least works. You could change now and be without at a critical time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos