Menu
StabbedBadger
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Went to upgrade my handset and now my account is cancelled?!?!

A few days ago, I received a call from Virgin to upgrade my mobile handset and account as I was on a sim only contract. I ordered an iPhone 12 Pro Max phone which was supposed to be delivered on Sat, 24th April. However, because I had moved and updated my home address, an additional security check needed to take place which didn't happen until Sat, 24th April. I confirmed all the details and signed the contract on the same day.

My new handset was sent and was to be delivered on Mon, 26th but due to the incompetence of Yodel, they apparently destroyed the handset in transit. I then spoke to Virgin Customer Support who said that they needed to receive the handset back so it could be removed from my account before a new handset could be sent. Apparently this process was to take between 3 and 5 working days to complete.

Today, I received an email to say my account has been cancelled and I can no longer use my current handset. I can literally make no calls at all - not even to customer services.

Can someone tell me what is going on and why my account has now been cancelled???

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Went to upgrade my handset and now my account is cancelled?!?!

Hi StabbedBadger,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear of the situation with your mobile, not the kind of experience we'd like for you.

I'll need a few more details from you so I can take a closer look at this, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos