Menu
sampudine
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Want to close account. Cannot make contact

I have tried calling 0345 6000 0789 but get nowhere because it hangs up or asks me to call 789. I cannot access my Virgin phone. The web site is useless too.

I live abroad and it seems impossible to make meaningful contact. I managed to have a chat but they cannot close the account and asked me to phone (as above).

I do not have a working Virgin mobile phone (STAC has expired whatever that means). Is there any other number that can put me in contact with someone who can close my account and stop me paying for a service I cannot get and do not want or an address to communicate with ? The web site does not provide either.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want to close account. Cannot make contact

Thanks for the post Sampudine and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm the reason you're unable to use the SIM? 

We're unable to put through cancellations over the forum but if this is a pay as you go SIM it will automatically cancel if unused for 90 days.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
sampudine
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for a reply.

The phone has a SIM but cannot receive or make calls - just shows Emergency calls only. I have a monthly direct debit payment (which I instructed my bank to reject in May 2020 hoping someone at Virgin would follow this up).

The Virgin Mobile account web-page shows 1) nothing to pay        2)Your STAC code has expired 7 August 2020  (Don't know what this means)

3) Your'e out of data. Your data allowance has run out. You will be charged .........until refresh date 4 October 2020.

I don't know if this means my account is now closed. I have not spoken to anyone other than a chat on 24 August when I paid outstanding amount and was then told to phone to close account. This I have not been able to do, hence the appeal here.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this, a STAC code is one to cancel the SIM if needed so this does suggest that is has been closed.

Are you able to get on your online account at all? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
sampudine
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emily

I can still log to my Virgin Mobile account. As I say, it shows that everything is paid up with 0 due. The monthly payment used to go through on 18th of the month, so I do not know if a September payment will be claimed. I would like to close account before that especially as I no longer have use of the phone.

Any way of confirming if account still open ?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @sampudine

Apology's for the delay in response there, I will drop you a PM so that we can take a look and see if the account has been closed. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos