Menu
adam51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Waiting ten days for new phone

I currently have a mobile from Virgin. It is registered under my mum's name. My mum as two phones (one for her and one for me). She also had my sister under account as well but my sister recently bought a new phone with a different provider.

I set up a new account for myself and ordered a new phone on 15th August. I had to put the contact number as my current Virgin mobile number. I received a call on Friday 21st August to say that there is an issue with my order. The guy on the phone was very polite but also very unhelpful. He told me they couldn't find my address (the one I put down as my home address for delivery of the new phone). I asked him about three times what he meant by them not being able to find my address and he gave me the same answer every time. He then said he'd "file a report". I asked what that meant and he just kept telling me he'd file a report.

In the end, he told me he would phone me back in 24-48 hours. He said it would be him that called again. Four days later and I've still not received a call. I have tried phoning Virgin customer services and pressed various options including "thinking of leaving Virgin" and none of them take me through to speak to someone. Everything ends in a message saying "please press 1 to be sent a text with a link to this page" and the text just directs me to the Virgin help page.

I don't know if the issue is caused by my delivery address being different from the one on my mum's account but I have set up a brand new account for me so the different address shouldn't matter.

I honestly can't exaggerate how unhelpful the call on Friday was. I kept asking for clarification and the guy could only tell me they can't find my address and he'd file a report. I tried a few times to ask what that meant and got the exact same line back every time. It was very frustrating.

Ten days now since I placed the order and I'm seriously considering quitting Virgin but I can't even speak to anyone from customer services so I have on idea what is happening with my order...

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Waiting ten days for new phone

Hi adam51.

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay with your order, I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

adam51
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After 12 days of no answer from Virgin on my order, I called the sales team today on the number provided by Alex above. It turns out, Virgin cancelled my original order without ever telling me about it.

I then spent 40 minutes on the phone today and had to make the exact same order over the phone as I did 12 days ago without any explanation as to why the first order was cancelled.

After all that, they then rejected me based on my credit rating!?!? Absolutely bizarre as my credit rating is definitely good and I have never had any debt in my life. Truly shocking service from start to finish leaving me with no choice now but to go to another company. I just passed a credit check for a flat in London but apparently I am not able to pass one for a Samsung A51?

Very disappointed by this entire experience.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My apologies, adam51

Have you checked with either Equifax or another credit reference agency why this could have happened?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

adam51
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, John. I might do that at some point.

For now, I'm just buying the phone outright on Amazon and I will get a Sim-only deal with another company and hopefully I'll never have to deal with Virgin again. I do appreciate the replies on here but the service on the phone has been absolutely terrible. Cancelling my order without informing me by phone or email, being told I'd receive a call within 24-48 hours and it never happening and then calling up yesterday and not being offered any sort of apology or explanation whatsoever for the lack of communication is enough for me to avoid using Virgin again.

I've had previous issues with Virgin before including sending my current phone off for repair, the original problem being fixed and a new problem being created instead which was never fixed (the helpline was incredibly unhelpful then too and basically blamed me).

The service on the forum has been very good and is appreciated but I really don't want to have to deal with Virgin by phone again.

0 Kudos