Menu
Manicmike500
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

WIFi Calling not enabled on SIM

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max purchased through Virgin Mobile about 2 months ago.  WIFi calling is enabled in the phone setting, but the network provider only every shows Virgin, it never switches to WIFiCal.

My home WIFi set set to allow all such calls to route through, all other Virgin Mobile connected devices in the home work with WIFi Calling, the iPhone has been restarted, SIM taken out and re-inserted, network settings reset and router rebooted.  All these efforts make no difference to the WIFi calling status on the phone.

The last resort has been to put in the SIM card into my other device which already has a Virgin SIM in and WIFi calling enabled and working.  The network came straight up with Virgin and did not change to WIFiCal at any point.

This leads me to believe something is not activated at Virgin's end, I would have liked to message chat with someone to get this matter resolved, but no chat options seem to be available, and the call centres are now closed.

Anyone from Virgin on here who can assist please?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFi Calling not enabled on SIM

Hi Manicmike500, 

Really sorry you're having some issues with WiFi calling, this ins't good. 

When you purchased the handset were you given a new SIM?

Can I ask what colour your SIM card is? 

WiFi calling should be activated via the handset but you would need a compatible device and one of our new SIM cards. 

Let us know 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Manicmike500
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

The SIM card was new with a brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max (purple sim).  After a total of 15 hours in chat sessions and 45 minutes on the phone, a new SIM card has been sent out, hopefully this resolves the issue. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No worries, let us know how you get on with the new SIM. 

WiFi calling is something that needs to be active on the handset, so we'll see how the SIM goes and take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ps2mint
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’ve recently switched to Virgin and couldn’t get Wifi calling on my iPhone 11 despite switching it on and off in the settings etc.

I phoned up customer services on 789 option 5 and spoke to an agent who needed to activate it on the system.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Manicmike500
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

we received a new replacement SIM, inserted into the phone, restarted the device three times over the last 36 hours and the SIM is still not activating on the network, rendering the phone useless. 

please can you help?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Manicmike500,

I'll send you a PM shortly to get your account details to have a look at your connection.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
simon69c
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I have the same problem - number ported over from Three successfully today but can't get WiFi calling working on my iPhone 11 Pro.  Worked fine on Three and have the WiFi calling toggle on in Settings > Phone but it won't actually engage WiFi calling at all.  Likewise tried toggling it off and on, rebooting phone etc. Tried 789 option 5 but couldn't get through earlier so I've tried the text message service instead but awaiting a reply.  Hoping it just needs the same fix as ps2mint.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi simon69c,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that feature isn't working for you. 

Have you been able to check via your online account to see if WiFi calling is enabled?

^Martin

0 Kudos
simon69c
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Got through to someone on the text messaging service who managed to get it up and running for me.  For some reason it wouldn't initiate from my end on the phone so they had to activate it from the Virgin Mobile end but it is working fine now thanks.  I can't see anywhere on the online account to say whether wifi calling is enabled though - I thought it was available for all customers automatically?

0 Kudos