Menu
AlanInSussex
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WIFI calling failing constantly, missed calls and few texts over WIFI

Good morning folks, 

And I thought that it was just me - my word, how many of us are there with Virgin Mobile contracts, who live in areas with negligible Virgin mobile signal and so who rely on WIFI calling to live and work? 

My WIFI calling (a misnomer, it should be called Virgin Mobile WIFI Failing) misses calls and drops out constantly. 

It was terrible when I first used it shortly after signing up and even needed a second SIM card to work at all. Having been less bad (not good by any means)  for a period earlier this year in the last few weeks it has returned to being truly awful with my voice calls failing daily and missed calls a regular occurrence. I would add to this that I rarely receive texts at home over WIFI calling. Instead when I go away from home I will see a stream of old texts appear once I have a decent mobile signal, usually well away from home as the Virgin Mobile signal here in Sussex (Sussex - not the Outer Hebrides!) is diabolical. 

Please Virgin, show us some evidence that you are doing something to resolve this widespread, long running WIFI calling problem of yours - this frustrated customer with 4 household mobiles _ 2 with Virgin _ will be leaving at the first opportunity!!

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI calling failing constantly, missed calls and few texts over WIFI

Hi @AlanInSussex,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear the issues with WiFi calling has returned in the last few weeks. 

We have some info under 'Having Trouble making WiFi calls' here

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AlanInSussex
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ayisha_B

I see the many, many reports on this  forum of the same or similar problems for Virgin Customers. My WIFI calling is all set up correct and my WIFI system is good. For the Other mobile users in the same household who are not Virgin WIFI calling is fine. It is Virgin that is causing my problems. How do I address or do I have to go to an alternative mobile provider? 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @AlanInSussex,

I have consulted with a colleague for you and there is an ongoing issue with WiFi calling that has been under investigation. 

How are things when this is switched off? I note you have mentioned there's also some issues with your Mobile signal?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AlanInSussex
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear there’s a recognised and acknowledged issue with Virgin Mobile calling over WIFI.  When is the solution due for customers please?

WIFI calling us essential for me as there is no Virgin Mobile signal where I live so all home and working  from home calls need WIFI Calling. So you see my problem and requirement?

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can understand @AlanInSussex.

I have just checked on this and unfortunately we do not have an estimated time of fix at present but our team are working to get this resolved.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos