cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Calling on Google Pixel 4A

tonycat0
Joining in

I've swopped from Vodafone on price.  However the WiFi calling option has now disappeared with Virgin.  Before I dump Virgin and try Lebara does anybody know whether WiFi calling will work when the switch to O2 happens, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi tonycat0,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, so I can try to help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tonycat0

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with WiFi calling.

Have you received any texts/emails from us regarding the switch to O2?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No not yet.  I only joined Virgin last week but live in an old house with very thick walls, hence the need for a stronger indoor signal. However I can cope for a few weeks if there is going to be an improvement with O2.

Thanks for coming back to us @tonycat0, I would have to advise that all customers would now be operating via the coverage provided from our partners O2.

Can you possibly attempt to use our sim card, in an alternative handset to see if Wi-Fi calling is then available?

Please also follow this link for further assistance on how to set up Wi-Fi calling whilst using the services.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks,

I've activated WiFi calling on 789 and am now waiting for it to appear on my phone.  My problem is that Google Pixel is excluded on Virgin but not on O2....We'll see what happens.

Thanks for coming back to us @tonycat0.

Can you please confirm if you were asked to wait for a period of time, and if so, how long were you advised?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes. It was up to 24 hours so I'm waiting until tomorrow pm.

Thanks @tonycat0.

Please advise us if any changes are seen after the 24 hour period has elapsed.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

When I was with Vodafone WiFi calling was available in settings so I know the phone can handle it.  It is no longer available.... No change following the call to 789 Virgin 24 hours ago. I don't have a second device to try the SIM card but I have tried my old Vodafone SIM and WiFi calling reappears. What now?

Hi tonycat0,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, so I can try to help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.