cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI-FI Calling

jjspicer
Joining in

Hi, new to virgin mobile, my Wi-Fi calling does not work when connected to my home virgin broadband, when I am out and about no problem but as soon as I come home the indicator disappears all the settings are right. Any idea

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you saying  it just your home WiFi but it works OK on other WiFi Hotspots?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes that seems to be the case

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jjspicer,

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this about your Wi-Fi calling.

I located your account, I have noticed you have not rebooted your Hub for a very long time. Can you do this for me? Then we can see if this helps first.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Haylay 

have done that this evening but no joy I’m afraid

Thanks for your reply and update, jjspicer,

Can you confirm if your mobile is able to access the web on your home network? If so, but you are still unable to use WiFi Calling, take a look here to see if your handset is compatible as well as other helpful tips

Cheers,

Corey C

Yes it can, it’s an IPhone 8 and like I said Wi-Fi calling works on other Wi-Fi networks, just not my home one 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, 

Is your iPhone have the latest software updates?

Zoie

Yep 15.1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jjspicer,

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming. I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue.

Can you tell us if you have the Virgin Media Connect App installed? 

When you advised that the indicator disappears, are you referring to the option in the settings once you have gone in to the Mobile data option?

Please let us know if you can.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs