Menu
MGShanks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail silence then hang up

I've seen a lot of similar posts on here, but none of them have a solution so I'm posting again.

When I call to listen to my voicemails either from my own phone or from another phone I get the "enter your pin followed by the hash sign", so I enter my pin, then about 15-20 seconds of silence, then "thanks for calling Virgin Mobile voicemail" then it hangs up.

I can't access any of my messages.

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail silence then hang up

Thanks for your post MGShanks, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums

Sorry to see you've been struggling to obtain your voicemails.

May seem like a daft question, but are you sure there are voicemails there to be listened to?

I'd also be intrigued to know if the handset has it's own voicemail system also? These can play havoc when customers also seek to use our voicemail feature, and may need to be switched off

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
MGShanks
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I've got a notification there are voicemails to listen to, but even if there weren't, the Voicemail system should still load up to let me change greeting etc, or at least say "no new messages" like it usually does.

I don't have any other voicemail system installed on my phone.

There are tonnes of other posts on here with the same problem so this isn't an isolated thing.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It should MGShanks, I'm with Virgin Mobile and when i dial 222 I get the options menu. It advises if I have any voicemails and then gives me the menu options.

Are you dialing 222 to check for voicemails? Have you ever been able to use the voicemail function? If so, how long have you been experiencing the issue?

Rob

0 Kudos
MGShanks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm using the voicemail button or 222 and have even tried calling from another phone, none of them work. And yes, as I said in the original post, I've only encountered this problem recently, it's always worked before.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MGShanks, can you turn off the handset for five minutes and rebooting and try 222 again for me please?

Rob

0 Kudos
MGShanks
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just tried that - no change I'm afraid. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

When I checked it appeared that the diverts weren't set up correctly, I have changed these to try to rectify the issue and this can take up to 24 hours to reflect on the network. Can you try rebooting every couple of hours over this timeframe and we can look at this tomorrow if it hasn't resolved the issue.

Rob

0 Kudos
MGShanks
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Great - thanks very much, I'll do that!

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No problem MGShanks, I'll check back in with you here tomorrow around 1.30pm to see if it has been resolved. If it has in the meantime, just pop me a message on here 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos