Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail notification will not clear

Hi,

Since the last iPhone 10 upgrade my voicemail notification will not clear. I have tried leaving a message, listening to it all the way through and then deleting. This too does not work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail notification will not clear

Hello Mish01

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post, It is funny you mention this because I go mad when I have notifications clogging my screen on my iPhone, I have had this very same issue!

I have found rebooted the phone once I have listened to the message and there is no more it vanishes, It has been like this since I updated my IOS, I will try and find out if it is a known issue, Apple do tend to fix these rather quickly mind.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As said in my comment that listening to the message and deleting it doesn’t work. Nor does rebooting. We have had two more IOS upgrades and they temporarily get rid of it until another message is on voicemail. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mish01, 

Can you confirm what iPhone you're using and what software version you're on? 

Also if you go into your settings > notifications > phone you'll be able to change the settings in there to see if that gets rid of it. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Mish01 wrote:

As said in my comment that listening to the message and deleting it doesn’t work. Nor does rebooting. We have had two more IOS upgrades and they temporarily get rid of it until another message is on voicemail. 

Was this ever resolved?

My wife's iPhone has the same issue - the icon does not go when all messages have been listened to and deleted - turning the phone off/on clears it until the next time a message is left.  This has been the same for ages and was the same with her older iPhone too - which suggests it's not the iPhone itself.   The current handset is an iPhone SE2020. 

I can't see any setting that would affect it.

I don't get the same issue on my iPhone which is with a different MVNO that also uses the EE infrastructure.

It seem to point to an issue at the VM end.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the voicemail. Can you confirm if this is still happening or has since managed to become resolved. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos