Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail icon but no new voicemail

Hi,

I have recently moved my mobile number to Virgin from another provider.

I'm starting to see issues where the new Voicemail icon appears on my mobile but after checking there is no new voicemail.

Could you please advise how I can get rid of this icon and for it to only appear when there is actually a new voicemail !

I have a Samsung S9+ handset with Android v.10.

Only on a related but perhaps different matter, my handset still shows the old mobile number that used to be on this Virgin SIM card in 'settings', 'about phone', and 'phone number'. Will this eventually be replaced with my current mobile number that I bought across to Virgin using a recent PAC code ?

Thanks.

Zaf.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail icon but no new voicemail

Hi ukhunzaiq, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I apologise for the delay in response. Just to start off with the last part of your post - you are able to change that yourself to the number you have kept. If you could go to settings, application manager, go to phone, open it and hit clear data and the voice mail notification notice will disappear.

Can you let me know how you get on. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan

thank you for replying to my question.

After a couple of days of no one responding I got in touch with Virgin and their technical support helpdesk !

The voicemail icon issue was resolved by calling my number from another mobile and leaving a new voicemail message.

Once I'd listened to the entirety of the new message and then deleted it, the voicemail icon went away.

The second part of my question (i.e. my ported number was not showing correctly when you go settings > about phone >.

Virgin Tech Support advised this was down to my sim card. So they've issued me with a new sim card with my ported number on it.

However this has not solved this issue - now instead of my old number showing, it states 'unknown'.

It's not the end of the world, however, if you know how to fix this then it would be appreciated.

I attempted to follow your suggestion but I don't have 'application manager' under settings ?

I have a Samsung S9+ handset running Android v10.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to say that these days SIM Cards often return Unknown. 3 out of 4 I have do just that. (None Virgin)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know that 🙂 

As @enlli has advised - it doesn't really make a difference, it wouldn't affect you in anyway at all. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos